Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Uncomfortable tiny hole or dimple above anus since childhood. No pain. Anything wrong?

hi im 21 years old and noticed a few years ago that i have like a hole or dimple above my anus iv never had any pain or anything from it and when i had my daughter i noticed shes got a tiny one in the same place i have never noticed it and my mum said she didnt relli pay attention wen i was younger but its bin a bit embarrecing when my boyfriend spotted it and asked me what it was anyway just today first time in my life it feels a bit uncomfortable duno wether iv sat wrong or something but im very bad for looking online and i think iv scared myself have u any idea what it is and it take ages to get an appointment at my surgery ?
Thu, 6 Jun 2013
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi ,

welcome to health care magic.Thanks for writing here.

Dimple above anus since childhood suggests a condition known as spinal dysraphism.It is a heridatory problem.

There is a defect in complete closure of distal neural tube before birth when a foetus is still in mothers womb.

It usually does not create any problem,but some times hairs can arise over it or cysts can devolp in it.

All you need to consult a good neuro surgeon and plastic surgeon who can treat you accordingly.

I hope this can solve your query.Take care.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor