Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
134 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Trigger finger. Help?

Recently I went to an orthopedic and he diagnosed me with "trigger finger". He gave me some websites to research to possibly help me out in making my decision. I have two options, some kind of shot and possibly more than one , which may or may not work, or surgery. I am simply "researching" in order to make an educated decision and one that fits me best. Thanks,

Tue, 22 Oct 2013
Report Abuse
OBGYN 's  Response
Treatment of 'Trigger Finger' includes rest to the joint, splinting and use of anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and naproxen. If there is no response, steroid injection into the tendon sheath is contemplated and later surgery. Most often, few weeks of rest and splinting along with NSAID is enough to cure the condition. Splinting can be given up to six weeks. Hope your query is answered. Wish you good health.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

for six months I ve been experiencing moderate flushing feelings only at night they start off small in my chest then spreads. Its s not hot...