• question-icon

Trigger finger. Help?

Recently I went to an orthopedic and he diagnosed me with "trigger finger". He gave me some websites to research to possibly help me out in making my decision. I have two options, some kind of shot and possibly more than one , which may or may not work, or surgery. I am simply "researching" in order to make an educated decision and one that fits me best. Thanks,

YYYY@YYYY
Tue, 22 Oct 2013
Treatment of 'Trigger Finger' includes rest to the joint, splinting and use of anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and naproxen. If there is no response, steroid injection into the tendon sheath is contemplated and later surgery. Most often, few weeks of rest and splinting along with NSAID is enough to cure the condition. Splinting can be given up to six weeks. Hope your query is answered. Wish you good health.