Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
186 Doctors are Online

Toddler with small indentation in chest cavity, no pain, about the size of tip of pinky finger. What could it be?

I have recently noticed a small indention in my toddler son s chest cavity. I have never noticed anything like this before and he said the indentation does not hurt or bother him. I asked him if anyone injured him in that area and he said no. I m a little concerned although my son does not seem bothered at all because the indentation feels a bit hollow though it is small--about the size of the tip of a pinky finger . I am taking him to a doctor immediately, but I d like to know what this could be
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  177
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for your query
This defect may be a pectus deformity. If not severe it may not require any treatment. It may indicate deficiency of Vitamin D also. Although not emergent, but i suggest you consult a pediatrician for the same.
Hope this helps. God bless you.
Answered: Sun, 23 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor