Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

Swollen testicles due to excessive masturbation. What to do?

I masturbate very often and have a long stamina, when I'm at home and have nothing better to do my sessions usually last an hour or longer. Yesterday I had multiple long sessions, and sorry to get into detail, but I'm very concerned, while masturbating at one point I remember having my hand come down and hit my testicles repeatedly. It didn't hurt, in fact it actually felt kind of good, it wasn't hard or anything. Anyway, today I realized that my testicles are huge!! Definitely swollen, I noticed when I went to masturbate and got concerned. When I tried to masturbate I couldn't get hard but it may have just been from being worried, I also didn't try for long since I was so scared.
Asked On : Tue, 28 May 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  2995
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
thanks for using health care magic

Trauma to the testicles is common in people who masturbate and the presentation generally is pain and swellings. This usually gets better after a day or a couple of days. Worse scenario could present with torsion of testes that is extremely painful and requires immediate surgical intervention within the next 6hours.

However, it is also possible and it is likely that you have develop an infection of the testes following the masturbation that is causing you the swelling. This requires appropriate antibiotics such as chloramphenicol or doxicycline.

It will be necessary to see a doctor for detail evaluation.

Hope this helps you
Best regards
Dr Achuo
Answered: Tue, 28 May 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Vaishalee Punj's  Response

I think the swelling may come down, but if it does not then you may go for urinalysis, or even semen analysis to find a cause. You may also get an ultrasound of testes done to rule out other causes.

Dr Vaishalee
Answered: Tue, 28 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor