Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suspicion of child suffering with ADHD, always gets into fights, does not obey. What should be done?

My 4 year old nephew is always getting in trouble at school; hitting, name calling, not listening, and just being a bully. We think he has ADHD but he wont tell us why he is so mean, we try to have serious talks and stuff but we dont get any good responses. We just dont know what to do anymore his listening skills Are terrible and we are just battling EVERYDAY and it doesnt get better.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Dec 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  20
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query,i can understand your concern.
ADHD is a common behavior disorder,children are usually hyperactive,impulsive,inattentive,
Ty to be patient with child.
I advise you to take him to pediatrician or psychiatrist.Early identification and treatment can prevent many problems related to ADHD.
your nephew will be better.
God bless
Answered: Mon, 7 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. E Venkata Ramana's  Response
Feb 2013
According to your history your child is having hyperactivity so consult your Pediatrician and he will examine and screen for ADHD and refer to child psychiatrist for the screening for ADHD for further required strategies to treat your child. There are screening questionnaire tools to screen for ADHD and they are done by experts.
Answered: Mon, 31 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor