Suggest ways to manage drowsiness while on Methocarbamol

I have been taking Flexeril for muscle spasms but had some bad side effect...like constant urge to urinate but none coming. I discontinued it. It was reccomened that I try Methocarbamol 750 which I did. the only side effect was drowsiness. I was thinking ...could cutting the pill in half work?
Mon, 5 Aug 2019

Methocarbamol is a strong muscle relaxant which can be given up to 3 grams per day according to the severity of the muscle spasms. 750mg per day is a small dose for this medication. If you further reduce the dose, the drowsiness might reduce but the muscle relaxant effect will also be reduced.

Here I would like to mention that drowsiness is one of the most common side effects of this medication and it is usually advised to not use heavy machinery while taking this medication and is ideal to avoid driving too.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Talal Hussain, General & Family Physician