Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
173 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Suggest treatment to get pregnant

hi i am a 34 year old mother of an 8 year old girl, and i've been trying to get pregnant for a long time now, and i feel like time is against me and that im doing somthing wrong ,my sex life is good and were both farely heathly .so what would you sugesst

Mon, 12 May 2014
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to HCM.

You will conceive soon. Be stress free.

You are suffering from secondary infertility. Means you will have first child normally and then you won't conceive. This may be due to weight gain, increasing age , hormonal imbalance.

I would suggets you to get your thyroid profile done and prolactin level checked. Also get your husband semen analysis.

I would sugget you to undergo follicular study . By this you will know you are ovulating or not and also time .

If all are normal I would suggest you to start with ovulation inducing drugs like clomephine . This will help multiple follicles to mature and rupture . Thus increasing chances of conception. You can discuss this with your doctor. If 3 cycles are unsuccessful then you can go for IUI. IUI is intrauterine ingestion of sperms.

Hope I have been helpful .

Dr.Deepika Patil
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

i m 26 years old,i m trying for baby since 15 months.all my &my husband reports are normal.i consult many doctors but no any happines,dr.told me...