Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for swelling in anus

Hi my boyfriend has had two piles appear in his back passage but all of a sudden a swollen red raised circle of skin has appeared on one side of his bum he is concerned it could be a clott he is in a lot of pain and finds it hard to get around currently thanks in advance sam
Tue, 29 Mar 2016
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi thanks for contacting HCM.

Do your boyfriends proctoscopic examination.

Mostly it is because of piles.If any inflammation or growth present then it will be detected by proctoscopy examination.

Meanwhile avoid excess spicy food.

Friction to the anal area avoided.
So stool softener taken...

Anal area warm water sitz bath can be taken..

Avoid stool straining.

Drink more water...

Smoking avoided.

Ibuprofen can be taken...

Take care...

I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Doctor, I found out that there is a needle blocked vertically in y anus when I was passing a stool, I inserted my finger to help it out but could...