• question-icon

Suggest treatment for strep throat

I have had a sore for a week and had dr prescribe antibiotics until we received results from my strep swab. It was neg and dr said to stop antibiotics. The pain was gone after 3 days of antibiotics. When i stopped it returned 2 days after. After few days i decided to finish my antibiotics (7 days left) and was feeing great. My throat is howeber slightly irritated especially in evenings. Also i just had a spot of blood on my ear swab . Any thing alarming? It was one time but nothing else. The sore throat is when i swallow i feel it a bit in my ears its like a bit tightness
Mon, 3 Aug 2015
Dentist 's  Response
Hello ,

Thanks for consultig Hcm

I have read your query as you feel soreness in throat when you swallow for this I will suggest you to consult Ent surgeon for clinical examintio of throat and ear . Inmeantime you do warm saline gargle 2 to 3 times daily and you can take medicine like Allegra by consulting with local doctor .

Hope this will help you .