Suggest treatment for sore throat and cough

Hi. I have stretched ear lobes, and I tried to go up a size on them. One of the ear lobes rejected the new size, and I think I tore it in the process. The past 2 days, I have had redness, swelling, and yellow/white pus coming from the area. I had taken my piercing out, but put it back in as I read online that leaving your piercing out can cause an abscess since it closes up the passage and doesn t allow the pus to drain. I also woke up this morning with a very sore throat and a bad cough. Could this be related to my infected ear? I also have a slight fever of 99.2. What steps should I take for my ear?
Tue, 17 Mar 2015
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello
Welcome to health care magic
One of the cause of ear lobe infection is earring. Earring further aggravates the situation. I suggest you to remove the earring and avoid wearing them. Keep the lobule clean and apply neosporin H ointment. Regarding the sore throat, it is mere a coincident that it occured simultaneously. They both are not related. For this start an antibiotic like amoxclav and antiinflammatory with warm saline gargles.