Suggest treatment for pulmonary edema

Hi Doctor i'm aged 76 and am a keen gardener, yesterday i was at my allotment, and my nieghbour started burning plastic tubing, the wind brought the fumes in my direction i accidently breathed in these fumes and immmediately started coughing. I also found it difficult to breath, i was gasping in fact naturally it started a row, this only made it worse, i had to come home where i was still finding it hard to breath properly for some hour's.I am a sufferer of epilepsy and am on pain killer's and these cause my lungs to fill with water i am due to see my specialist in a week or two. do you think i have done more damage to my lungs.
Tue, 16 Jan 2018
Pulmonologist 's  Response
hello

As you explain the history if the breathlessness is severe you should get medical help in ER.

Dr.Jolanda