Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
149 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for penile injury

I hit my penis on a sharp corner of a table and i had some pain but only a while. After that i don t feel my penis is normal. it feels numb, it doesn t erect. I m worried if i had injured some nerves. My doctor advised me vitamin B. Painkillers and swelling medicines if pain reoccurs. so far i can urinate normally and there is no pain. Urine tested fine too. Should i be worried?
Fri, 20 Feb 2015
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for asking in healthcaremagic forum
Local lesions including infection/injury and generalised infection/diseases can cause temporary sexual dysfunction in the form of loss of erection. USually will be able to become normal after some time. So, please wait for some time with treatment. If not visit again for follow up. All the best.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

dear sir, i m 24. i had an accident recently causing blood through penis. doctor says that hereafter i cant hav intercourse and said tat my sperm...