Suggest treatment for meniscus tear

Hi, My name is JITENDRA I had an ACL ligament tear when i was 19 years old now iam 28. All these years i was fine some times my knee used to get locked but on stetch it used to get release. I am overweight bu t was very active in sports. Even after the injury i did trecking and rigurous things but not face any issues. But 7 months back i was just laying on the ground and banged my leg it got locked and it didnt get unlocked for 2 weeks but at end it did but i feel my leg is week and am unable to run as i used to earlier and while climbing stairs feel week and issues sometimes just gives a jitter and leave and the pain sustain for 2 days and get normal. I can hear the clicking sound. I think its a meniscus tear. I didnt go for surgery when i had ACL but active.
Fri, 5 Oct 2018

Consult an orthopedician and get evaluated.

Most probably you might require an arthroscopic repair to correct the meniscus.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Shinas Hussain,