Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
124 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for meniscus tear

Severe articular cartIlage thinning, at the mid level of the medial facet and median ridge of the patella, also there is a horizontal of the posterior torn of the medial meniscus the tears tend into the mid to posterior of the body where it becomes a complex tear. There is a tiny popliteal cyst, wht do this mean and will I need surgery?
Mon, 29 Feb 2016
Report Abuse
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
There is a need for consultation with an knee arthroscopic surgeon who may advise partial meniscetomy and/or with repair of ACL, if implicated.if not then repair of meniscus alone. in same sitting popliteal cyst may be evaluated and removed. It depends on your symptoms and mechanical function of knee, if grossly impaired, arthroscopic surgery is a solution, if slight, then conservative treatment may suffice_ so consult one and let him decide your treatment as necessary
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I fell three weeks ago on concrete driveway. The G.P. Took X-ray and it was not broken. She sent me to an Orthopedic doctor and he took another...