Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
154 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for kidney stone and penis pain

I have a hstoey of kidney stones. 2 days ago I thought I was getting another one due to the tell -tell signs but I didn t and now I have sharp needle like pains in my penis with the urge of having to go and soon as I do with no pain right after I am done I get the pain and urge?
Mon, 12 Oct 2015
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing to HCM.
You tend to get pain in the genito-urinary tract when you have kidney stones, whenever small stones tend to pass through urine.
You can take analgesic and antispasmodic medication to get relieved from it, but this is temporary.
You need to get abdominal ultrasound scan done to note the size and location of the stones.
If they are large, then they have to be crushed and taken out by procedure called 'lithotripsy'.
Kindly consult Urologist in this regard for proper evaluation and management.
Hope the information provided would be helpful.
All the best.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am suffering from stone problem... 11m. In kidney n 4mm in bladder... i am taking clearstone from last 11 months... whenever i stop taking...