Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
125 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for joint hypermobility syndrome

My son just diagnosed with joint hypermobility syndrome. He has cervical issues along with lower back and joint pain, esp hips and knees. He missed 3/4 of senior year due to irretractable pain, increasing weakness, and horrible fatigue. Dr. gave us an article about it and said lifestyle change. Now no idea where to go for help. He just graduated and unable to make plans for his future due to not knowing what his body will allow him to do. Where do we go from here? My email address is YYYY@YYYY .
Mon, 8 Aug 2016
Report Abuse
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
till such time give symptomatic treatment for relieving pain. can consult neurologist for examination and advise on treatment. take counseling from physician and in my opinion he can per-sue his carrier.what is his aim for persueing carrier it is genetic disorder no treatment is required. there is laxity of tendon and joints move beyond the permissible limit. sohecan learn to-live with it and regulate his life with this condition. can pursue his carrier with it.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am 25 yr old female I am in intense pain evry day. My hips, shoulders and knees slip in and out all the time. I find it hard to do day to day...