Suggest treatment for ingrown hair on the penile shaft

I had two, what appeared to be ingrown hairs at the bottom of my penal shaft. Now I popped the larger of the two which created a hole in the hair folicole and now it is much bigger than it was. Also several other small red bumps have appeared scattered on the shaft.
Thu, 7 May 2015
Hi
Thank you for asking HCM.
I have gone through your query. If you send a picture of it then it will be more helpful. For hair follicle infection you can clean with warm water or saline and apply betadine ointment. Avoid soaps and irritants to wash the area. Make sure that it is not herpes as you have more lesions. Is it painful or having burning sensation?. In case of herpes usually burning sensation and pain will be present. If such symptoms are there then go for HSV 1 and 2 tests to rule out herpes.

Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
Thanks.