Suggest treatment for infected finger tip caused after a surgery

Had surgery on right long finger @ dip joint to reduce osteoarthritis pain. Earlier procedure on left index finger was successful (bones fused). This time bones did not fuse so a bone graft was done. Follow-up x-ray showed bone was a casualty of infection. At no time was the infection visible or painful. Third procedure was done to take out pins, debride area, and take samples for culturing. Results showed staph (not mrsa) infection and fungal infection. Immediately went on fuconazole by mouth and cefazolin infusion. Infections are gone but so is the pin that supported tip of finger. Tip of finger is unstable and requires a splint most of the time. On three-week hiatus. What are options aside from amputation?
Mon, 14 Jan 2019