Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
171 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    Suggest treatment for high blood pressure

I have been feeling not myself for a while and I had one of the ER guys at my mom's office take my blood pressure. I am a 35 year old female that weighs about 214. I was sitting while he took my blood pressure and he got the same result for both arms. 128 over 100. How bad is that and what is the next step that I need to take in order to treat this?
Thu, 11 Jan 2018
Report Abuse
  Anonymous's Response
's  Response
I have understood your query well. According to your blood pressure u only have increased diastolic blood pressure. 128 which is systolic is normal.
U can start doing exercise and loose weight plus decrease intake of sodium containing food like salt , bakery items , packed food , junk food , cold drinks and alcohol . Try this for a month and then again measure your Blood pressure it will come down. if not visit your treating physician he might start you on antihypertensive . currently best treatment is lifestyle changes and exercise as mentioned above.
I hope I have addressed your concern well. if satisfied kindly close this query with a good rating.
Thank you
wish you good healtg
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I am 63, in good health. I just got over the flu (finished taking Tamiflu yesterday) and perhaps strep. I am halfway thru my Amoxiccillin for...