Suggest treatment for fever and chills

For three days I have had a fever wwhich starts in the late afternoon (from norMAL to 100.5) I have all the typical symptoms associated with fever, chills hot skin aches and pains and generally feeling yucky. no other symptoms I AM AWARE OF. I am on vacation a long way from my primary care provider. Susan Cole, age 75, YYYY@YYYY
Wed, 27 May 2015
Hello dear user!
Thank you for choosing HCM and sharing your concerns with us!

I read carefully your concerns your described in your query.
These are typical symptoms of a viral condition you are probably having.
Fever, chills, body ache, nausea or other gastrointestinal disorders are the common signs.

Viral infections, like flu, are not treated with antibiotics since they don't have good effects in viral infections.
You have to keep the high temperature under control. For that purpose you may take acetaminophen or ibuprofen, and a lot of drinks too. Vitamin C would help a lot to increase your immunity and get rid of this symptoms quicker.
Have a light and balanced diet meanwhile.

If your symptoms persist for a longer time than 5 days, then any bacterial infection may be nested. So a consult with your doctor would be needed to rule out any possible complication or any other condition.

I hope you will be fine soon.
I wish you a good health!
DR ERIOL