• question-icon

Suggest treatment for ear blockage

Hi, I have a blocked ear for two weeks now. There is no pain and no visible swelling. When i hold my nose and blow i can hear things rushing to my ear inside though. I believe this is a blocked eustachian tube. will this clead by itself? i am really worried. thank you.
Mon, 29 Jun 2015
Brief Answer:
Possible clogged ear

Detailed Answer:
Hello
I really appreciate your concern
I had gone through your question and I want to give you some medical advices.
Based on your concern description, it looks like you have a clogged ear which means there is a blockage in the ear canal. This happens when your Eustachian tube does not work as it should, so it doesnt open and close properly to be able to regulate the pressure between the middle ear and the pressure in the outside of the ear. This can result from different causes, the most common include : wax buildup ( the use of Q-tips, long period earplug users ).Sinus problems. Air flow blockage into Eustachian tubes.
First i would like to reccomend you some natural remedies that you cant try at home to uncog your ears. The most used method is the : Valsalva Maneuver = 1.Close your mouth,2. Pinch your nose. 3. Blow through your nose until you hear the POP sound in your ear.
Another technique is the : Toynbee Maneuver : 1. Take a sip of water. 2. Pinch your nose. 3.Swallow the water with your nose pinched.

If your clogged ears are caused by wax buildup you can use olive oil to soften it, so it will be more easy to remove it from the ear.
1.Warm (body temperature!) some olive oil. 2. Gently pour some drops into your affected ear.3. Let it soften the wax for 5-10 minutes. 4. You should keep your head sideways and remove the oil and ear wax with ear buds gently to avoid eard drum damage!

Another method is :flushing the ear with warm water( Body temperature).
Also you can try the Yawning or Jaw wiggle methode.

But if the problem persists you should seek for proffessional medical care :
1. If you experience sudden loss of hearing.
2.You feel deezy, or spinning sensation.
3. If you experience Nausea or vomiting3
The doctor will look into your ear with an otoscope to diagnose the blockage or other possible damage into your ear.

I hope that the above advices will help you.
Please feel free to ask further questions.
Best regards!