Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
162 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for depression disorder

I have major depressive disorder and have been taking anti-depressants (150mg) for 17 years now. I feel that my depression is getting worse. It seems harder to do just small tasks and harder to concentrate. Should I get stronger anti-depressants? My doctor told me the dosage can go as high as 300 mgs.
Mon, 25 Jul 2016
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

If your symptoms are worsening then the dose of your medication may need to be altered or the medication changed to an alternative anti depressant.

In addition to the use of medication, cognitive behavioral counselling addresses your thoughts/ideas and perceptions, may help as well.
This may be done by a psychiatrist or psychologist.

I hope this helps
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I m suffering from Depressive disorder since last 13 years. Under medical advise I have taken some costly as well as cheap medicine over 10 years...