Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
188 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for chronic pain and dizziness

I HAVE BEEN in chronic pain since Jan. I finally see a doctor 5/12 to schedule hip replacement surgery. There are some things in my lower back that will need surgery also after I get my hip fixed. My family doctor gave me a prescription for Fentanayl 75mcg/hr...It took the pain away but made me feel like a zombie, couldn t stay awake and was dizzy. I took the patch off yesterday and he had also given me some hydroco/apap 5-325mg pills. If I start taking the pills would the side effects not be so bad?
Sat, 29 Sep 2018
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Consult a neurologist and get evaluated. As a first line of management you can take analgesics like Aceclofenac or Tramadol for pain relief.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Take care

Dr. Shinas Hussain, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi. I live in Aurora,Colorado and suffer from many things that cause me chronic pain for the last 17 years. I am now taking 10 10/325 generic...