Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
142 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for a scab like mole on hand

I have what I thought was a mole on my arm which developed a scab. It seemed to take a little while to heal because I sort of picked at it because it bothered me. Now it s a pink tone and has a little bit of peeling around the edges which does go away when exfoliated or moisturized. My question is, should I see my doctor? Thank you- Jan Thibodeau
Mon, 2 Feb 2015
Report Abuse
Dermatologist 's  Response

Welcome to healthcare magic.

A change in the mole in the form of crusting , sacbbing, bleeding, erosion, change in texture, colour, size,etc needs to be attended to immediately.

Please consult a dermatologist who could do a biopsy to rule out malignant changes.

Hope this helps you.

Take care.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, my daughter has a small cut on her hand. She got it a few days ago but it was itchy and has scratched the scab off. Since coming home from...