Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
192 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest treatment for a penile fracture

Okay well I think I fractured my penis slightly. It made a faint pop sound and went limp shortly after. I have no pain or swelling or curvature and none of the other classic fracture symptoms. It is just hard to maintain an erection and when i did get one it was not erect all the way. There s a delay when I try to go the bathroom though. There some discomfort to the left side of the base. It is very concerning to me. I would love a second opinion on this matter asap due to not being able to get a doctor till Monday or Tuesday.
Tue, 21 May 2019
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Penile fracture commonly occurs due to aggressive masturbation or rough, blunt, rapid penetration during sexual intercourse (vaginal or anal).

The treatment is surgery. It is difficult to maintain an erection after a penile fracture due to trauma or rupture of the tunica albuginea.

The surgeon repairs the tunica albuginea & corpus cavernosum by using stitches.

The patient is suggested to avoid sexual intercourse for 40-45 days until healing takes place.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K, General & Family Physician
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

22 yrs., 5 6, 165 lbs. i believe i have a penile fracture. it has been three days now and i havent seen a doctor but i belive its getting better. i...