Suggest treatment for a black eye and lump near the nose

Hi. So my toddler hit the side of my nose and I don t know if my nose is broken or not. It did get swollen and I also got an black eye. It didn t bled and haven t still but now I have a lump on the side of my nose! Also my nostrils are not the same shape anymore. Is my nose broken?
Fri, 7 Dec 2018

Sounds to be hematoma formation following toddler injury. My guidelines at present for best recovery
- local application of ice over the eye and nose
- anti-inflammatory drug as ibuprofen if no history of drug sensitivity
- get prescription of antibiotics as cephalosporins or else as per the choice of your consultant to get it resolved faster and avoid secondary bacterial infection
- X-ray of the nose is best needed to rule out fracture nasal bone.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Purva Patel,