Suggest medication for an urinary tract infection

Hello my significant other Male 24yo has been experiencing stinging and burning with urination, he he has been constipated, and his hunger has not been normal (he has not been eating a whole lot). he has been having pain side/back where his kidneys are and his urin has been a dark yellow. Any suggestions? Thanks
Tue, 10 Feb 2015
thank you for your question...

you see burning pain during micturition with loin pain may suggest urinary tract infection...however the same can be experienced due to inappropriate drinking of fluids also...as you have mentioned his hunger was not normal, it might lead to that he was not taking enough water as his appetite was poor...

my suggestions will be-

drink plenty of water
take tab levofloxacin 750 twice daily for 7 days
get a morning urine sample tested
routine blood count and bilirubin count
take multivitamin syrup before food for decreased appetite
add enough dietary fibres to the diet

get back to be with the reports for further management

hope this was helpful...
regards