Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
186 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Suggest an alternative of Prolia

What is the other drug similar to Prolia that you can inject 2 x per year? I completed Forteo treatment with great success, and afterwards I have received 1 injection of Prolia. But I have noticed bone loss in my spine since I stopped my Forteo in December. Please advise.
Mon, 1 Oct 2018
Report Abuse
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

You may try Zolendroic acid once every three months. However, each one have its own benefit and side effects. Please consult your treating doctor, he will examine and treat you accordingly.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu , Internal Medicine Specialist
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Dr has taken me off of alendronate sodium tablet for osteoporosis which I have been taking for 10 years and wants me to start on Prolia. Am very...