Suggest an alternative of Hydromorphone for the treatment of short bowel syndrome

I have short bowel syndrome and have used MS 20/5ml 3x per day for several years, effectively. Because I easily develop dehydration. The hospitalist recommended Hydromorphone it {does not work as well} My dr.s cannot help, what else can I do?dumping' is keeping me housebound. ps I have had Crohn's since 1984,
Fri, 1 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

It seems to be the IBS (Irritable bowel syndrome ) is kind of functional disorders and it may not be the pathology of any kind, it is all depends upon your thinking and thought and the psychological factors that plays the role behind it, instead of taking some drug better to come out of the stress, some time such symptoms can be managed with Tab Chlordiazepoxide with Clinidium dose adjusted according to severity, the maximum dose is three times in day and minimum is once in day.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.