Suggest alternatives of Diphenhydramine and Benadryl to manage nasal congestion

yes ive just read an article in the newspaper about diphenhydramine hcl 25 or Benadryl can cause memory loss or demencia I am 73 and take 2 tabs every nite. I m worried that this may affect me in the years to come. if so what would be the alternative. it does keep my nasal passages open and helps me sleep.
Thu, 7 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
It may affect some persons but not everyone experiencing these issues. If at age 73,you are presently not having any of these effects then it is possible that you may not.
Alternatives, if you are not comfortable use a nasal spray such as normal saline or Nasonex or Nasocort etc

I hope this helps