Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

Suffering with allergic dry cough, worsens while in the out, taking antihistamines. Suggestion?

sir, i have been suffering with allergic dry cough for last 1month.My ACE is 391cells/ and eosinophil is 7%. i started taking medicine of anti- histamine with motelukast. but result is very slow. some times in my house only feeling comfort, but when going for work or day time its feeling more. cough also not coming fully,just half cough. pls suggest what to do
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  29
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Cardiac Surgeon 's  Response
You are suffering from allergic bronchitis.
If anti histaminics and montelukast are not helping, you need to consider steroid inhalers.
Steroid inhalers are safe. You need to consult a physician or pulmonologist for the same.
Outside the house you will be exposed more to the allergens which will increase your allergy and cough.
Wish you speed recovery.
Answered: Mon, 24 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor