Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Suffering from Sjorgens disease and rheumatoid arthritis. Have dry mouth. What kind of food should I take?

I m a 70 yr old female w/ RA and have been diagnosed with Sjorgens & have been having extreme difficulty w/ a very dry mouth.The onlt thing that helps is very cold , wet products,i.e. iced tea w/lotsof ice, biotene .What other products would be helpful?I take Celebrex & Cymbalta for fibroidmyalgia,on quite a few meds which don t help.Any suggestions?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi welcome to Health care magic forum.
Thanks for calling H.C.M.Forum.
As you describe you are a 70 years female, suffering with rheumatoid arthritis, and sjorgens disease. you want the things which can help the disease.
I advise you to avoid potato, other tubers, tomato, cauliflower, egg, chicken, fish, and seafood , to avoid muscular and joint pains.
Avoid taking spices, junk foods, and oily foods to be comfirtable in sjorgans .
You can use artificial saliva and tears for eyes can help you .Take more of water and juices.Take more of bland foods.
Wishing for a comfirtable maintenance of life.
Best regards.
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor