Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

State table tennis champion, lost a game due to pressure and tension, shows no interest now. How to resolve this issue ?

My daughter is playing a table tennis since she was 6 years old. She was state champion for 2-3 years. But from last year she lose to the player who are not upto her standard in tournament as she could not take the pressure and tension during the match. But in practice she beat even the boy champion players of her age. She is now 14 years old and also good in education. Please guide me how the problem of my daughter can be resolved and to whom I shall consult. AAAAA
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concerns

I went through your problem description. Sincerely, the problem your daughter is facing is not much of problem at all. The repeated failure syndrome (simply apprehension) can easily be cured if she wins another match played with an equal ranked player.

But your daughter should play again for that. Counseling should do a lot of good to her. She is just 14, and there is, of course, adolescence mind frame.

Please consult a psychological counselor.

Hope this answers your query. Available for further clarifications.
Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 3 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Namala Bharadwaj's  Response
Oct 2013
hello dear
thanks for your query at HCM
i understand your concern regarding daughter
these issues can be due to performance anxiety , consult psychiatrist
there are several methods and drugs available to treat but these all depends on condition of the patient
consult psychiatrist on examination he can guide you in treatment.
Answered: Thu, 3 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor