Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Small itchy bumps filled with watery pus, boils on legs, chest and arms. Possible scabies ?

Hi doctor, I currently have a sister who has small itchy bumps filled with a watery puss like fluid but the bump are no bigger than an easer on a pencile. I was thinking maybe a reaction to laundry soap, or possibly scabbies what do you think. She has had then for a couple days and they are on her stomach , legs, in between her chest , and arms. Iv also noticed she has what appears to me to look like a boil on her stomach she has popped it and a yellow, white clear bloody puss was discharged from the pimple looking bump its a hard knot and hurts when pressure is applied. Any ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 4 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  860
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Thanks for writing in.
Scabies lesions are usually in web spaces of hands and feet as well as body folds. Itching will be worst at night.
I would like to know age of your sister. There is one condition called impetigo contagiosa seen in kids which is usually bacterial infection.
In elderly or middle age, other condition presenting with same appearance is molluscum contagiosum.

Clinical examination plays an important part to diagnose condition. So I would recommend you to consult dermatologist before lesion leave scar marks.
I hope I have answered your query. Revert back in case of any doubt.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.
Answered: Tue, 4 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor