Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Small child, eye injury, black discolouration, cut inside eye. Cause of worry?

My 3 year old bumped her eye on the edge of a coffee table a week ago, she had a black eye and a little cut to theside of the eye. The black eye is gone and so is the inflamation but today i noticed that the spot where the cut was feel a bit hard and squishy, my guess is that it doesn t hurt because does not cry when i touch it butshould i be worried about it?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  66
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician 's  Response

thanks for writing to health care magic

black eye seems to be and looks to be dangerous but normally subsides without much problem

if there is a cut inside the should definitely show to a pediatrician or a opthalmologist

is the child looking normally in all the directions

normally when ever there is cut during the healing process there will be some induration

and therefore the site will be little bit hard to touch

hope this helps

take care
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor