Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Small child, drank toilet water, water has bleach tablets. Precautions?

Hi my 18 month son may have drank water from the toilet. We have one of the bleach tablets in there, but we truly are unsure if he even drank any. He came to us with a cup full of water from the toilet. I tried smelling his breath and didn t smell anything. He is acting fine and if anything he had a small sip. Is there any thinkg I should do?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  695
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Hi. Thanks for the query.
As you are unsure if the child has consumed the water with bleach, it is advisable to take the child to the hospital for evaluation and observation. The bleaching substances are corrosives and can eat through the mucosa of the mouth , throat, etc,and it is unwise to rush to hospital at a late stage. After a couple of hours of observation, if they feel he is ok, you can go home reassured.
As your child is ok, he probably hasnt ingested it, but , still,please take your baby to the hospital just for observation as advised.
Answered: Wed, 24 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor