Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Slipped on stairs, watery lump below knee, swollen leg, numbness in the area

Hi, About 3 weeks ago I slipped on stairs and hit my lower right outside edge on a step. It was sore but was better in a few days. Then I started getting chamber maid knee (a watery lump below the right knee). Now the lump is still there and my leg swells up a little each day ....when i take off my boot at the end of the day i can see it is swollen and feels tight When it gets like this the impact tissue area feels numb.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  154
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Your description is suggestive of a soft tissue injury.
The watery lump below the knee could be due to a haemarthrosis and needs to be investigated. In case the swelling is persistent, a surgical drainage of fluid might be needed.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Tue, 18 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor