Should the ER be visited for weakness in the fingers after a shoulder injury?

I broke my neck Oct 2016 5 & 6 or 7 vertebra, cage was put in and is a little crooked Unable to determine if fusion has transpired due to no insurance. Everything was fine except for some small cramps is hands and pain in neck for a year 1/2 I was told after exam that I has severe carpal tunnel in both hands had surgery but things are progressively geting worse now after I bumped my shoulder several months ago. I cant hardly squeeze my fingers or light a lighter. Should I go to ER I fear being paralyzed
Wed, 11 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The weakness in the fingers after an injury can be due to a nerve compression. You need a medical attention for this.

I hope this information has been helpful for you.

Dr. Praveen Tayal