Should sudden diarrhea be considered an emergency situation?

Hi. I have been having sporadic, occasional abdominal pain that feels somewhat sharp for the past 2-3 weeks. Today, I started having a sudden onset of watery diarrhea. I do not have a fever or feel like I am in severe enough pain to go the hospital. Should I be concerned of an emergency?
Mon, 4 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

As you have severe abdominal pain and diarrhea, so you can consult at ER. You may require tab. Loperamide and tab. Dicyclomine and antibiotics after consultation. Kindly do stool examination after consultation. Keep yourself hydrated. Maintain proper hygiene.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.