Should one go to a chiropractor for a bulging disc and severe backache?

I have a bulging disc. I went to a chiropractic doctor. I now have pain in the middle of my back on the right side. The area feels hard. It is hard for me to stand or walk very far at all. Heat helps. Should I go back to the chiropractor or go to an urgent care? This has been going on for over a week. Thank you.
Fri, 29 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Acute disc prolapse tend to have severe pain which will resolve in 3 to 4 weeks. Disc looses water and nerve irritation go away.In meantime sleep in Fowler position, heat, pain killers will help. It has been recommended not to do exercises which worsens pain. I would suggest going to an orthopedic surgeon instead so that he can suggest you helpful and pain free exercises.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.