Should a shoulder surgery be done for rotator cuff injury?

Should I be open to surgery if after an MRI and eight weeks physical therapy on shoulder for two small thick rotator tears, bone spur, bursitis and calcification has not helped? Also have some arthritis in shoulder as well. Only 49 years old. But this is the third injury to this same shoulder.
Wed, 11 Jul 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

A surgery is needed if it is more than a partial thickness tear.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.