Should I consult a neurologist for lower abdominal pain?

My husband has been having lower abdominal pain...pain sometimes sitting and standing...pain shooting down the back of his leg. We just had a CT scan to rule out a hernia...and everything came back great. The urologist said possibly could be something w the nerves so we should see a neurologist??? Would that be the next step...???
Tue, 5 Mar 2019

Is your husband having a lower abdominal pain or low backache. Usually low backache pain radiates down to the back of the thigh in sciatica. I think he is suffering with this.

So, I suggest you to consult an orthopedician and come to a diagnosis. Usually MRI is taken to see for any nerve compression. Usually symptoms will be relieved with physiotherapy. hope this information is helpful.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Venkat Narayana Badipatla,
General Surgeon