Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

Short in height, would like to increase height. How to increase height?

Hello sir, i would like to bring you know that , i am very worried about my height. My height is 160cm. I really more concern with my height and i want to increase it as fast as possible because i think height is more concern with my career.Please sir i request you give me solution as soon as possible. Show me solution for this. Thank you.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Jun 2015
Hello dear...
Height of an individual is determined by Genetics, Environmental & Nutritional factors and Hormonal factors (e.g. growth hormone)
An individual stops growing in height after the fusion of epiphyses (growth plates) of long bones which occur by the age of 19-21 yrs in male.
So...if you are below the above mentioned age group, then you have a good chance of achieving your dream height.
Make sure that you are taking a healthy & balanced diet, exercise regularly & avoid stress.
Also avoid consuming any over the counter medication that claim to increase may be harmful.
Wishing you a good health.
Thanks & take care.
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

4 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Nsah Bernard's  Response
Dec 2012
Hello Pranavshah,

Thanks for posting,
Increasing your height will strongly depend on your age and degree of bone maturation (as height depends strongly on bone). If you are still very young and still growing then it is possible for height to be added with anabolic steroids (but that will also grow your muscles and general size). Secondary effects do follow hormone use for growth.
Surgical methods are available ( but I can't assist you further on that as in my own country it is not even being done).
If you are still young, I suggest you check your present height (160) for your age online and see if it matches. You might even be worried about your height when you are actually having the good height for your age.

Hope this helps
Answered: Thu, 21 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor