Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Shin injury, bruise, swelling, discolouration, fluid discharge, calf pain. Cure?

i had a very bad fall 18 months ago & injured my shins however my left shin has not got better & is still very bruised disfigured &swollen it get worse as the day goes by there is a lot of fluid around shin& my knee and i get a lot of discomfort in my calf it feels very tight as though its in a vice also the shin & surrounding area i very painful to touch
Asked On : Thu, 8 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  152
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The persistence of swelling after 18 months of injury needs to be investigated. The presence of fluid in the calf and pain are worrisome findings. You need to consult your physician for a proper examination so that treatment can be started.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Fri, 9 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor