Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Severe throbbing pain in the bottom of the sternum. Pain worse after drinking water. Hernia suspected. Need immediate care?

My doctor has sent of a request for a surgeon RE: suspected hernia (in the same region as my gallbladder). An ultra sound came up clear of anything in my upper abdomen. The last few days, every time I eat I've been having throbbing pains all across my diaphragm and at the bottom of my sternum. They feel like electricity spreading across my upper gastro/lower ribcage. This morning, the pains became worse after just drinking some water.

Should I go to the out of hours clinic/A&E or wait and call my doctor in the morning?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  48
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
Hello! One serious and useful advise to you and all the patients here - just tell your symptoms please dont give your conclusion and interpretation. You need to meet personally with aa Surgeon so that things can become clear. I hope you can understand. Getwell soon
Answered: Tue, 25 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor