Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Severe itching in all body parts after starting swimming in a local pond, temporary relief with cetzine. Permanent remedies?

i am suffering from severe itching roblem in all of my body parts from last 25-30 days.there is no significant reason i can t find out but observing its happening after i started to swimming on local pond.may be i wrong.but other than that their is no significant changes in my food habit or so for this allergic reaction . i have tried cetzine tablet for four days and again zipcet tablet for 10 days course.but once the coureses end within two days the problem starts. could you please help me out for any permanent remedies for the same..
Asked On : Sat, 13 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  67
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response

It seems like there is a problem with the water in the pond. It may be excessively chlorinated that is causing the itching problem. You need to take a shower with good soap before and immediately after you leave the pond every time. It cleanses all the chlorine and impurities away from your body skin.

Try changing the pool or stop swimming for some time and look for improvement in your symptoms. If your symptoms improve, then probably that is the permanent solution to your problem.

Meanwhile continue to take the anti-histamines like Cetzine.

I wish you quick recovery.

Take care.

Answered: Sat, 13 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor