Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Red lump on leg, hurts to move and sit around. What could be this?

hey, i m 16 I have a lump that s red and purplish and it like 2 w on my leg near my area, it hurts to sit and move around, i m scared and really don t want to go to the doctor, I just wanted to know what i could do i ve been soaking in the tub with hot water, hot towels and my grandma put fat back on it to see if it will get a head on it, so it can be burst. please reply back soon.
Asked On : Mon, 14 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jan 2014
Incision and drainage would help it resolve if its soft and fluctuant.
Tke oral antibiotis like Augmentin 625mg thrice daily for 7 days.
take a pain killer like bruffen 400mg thrice daily.
Apply topical mupirocin ointment twice daily
Answered: Mon, 4 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor