Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
183 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Recommend treatment options for mitral heart valve disease

HI,My father is 72 years old and suffering from mitral heart valve problem,we have done treatment at CIMS hospital Ahmedabad Gujarat where doctors suggested that it needs to be replaced but unfortunately PFT rreport is weak in this case and we are unable to operate for the same.Need your suggestion for any other alternative without surgery.
Mon, 1 Jun 2015
Report Abuse
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hello,I have gone through your question.I need to know exact severity of mitral regurgitation to guide you exactly.if lungs are weak then valve replacement surgery carries high risk.Then at this age he should restrict his activity and take proper medicines .
My best wishes
Dr.Rajesh Teli,MD
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

yes I have aortic heart valve disease. my aortic valve is sever, and my tricuspid is sever and I have pulmi...that is more mitral I think...