Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Pus discharge from nipple, swelling, painful. What is it?

Hiii sir m a male aged 24. I get sum puss kind of thing from my left nipple ..last year I went to a doctor nd he suggested that there is nothing to be worried.. But aftr a year my nipple again gets red swolen nd pains. And when I squeeze it puss cones out sometimes a lil thick white colour and sumtyms a white liquid sortof thing.. Plzz help what to do..nd how to cure it..thnxx
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  72
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hello Mr. Prashant,

First we have to confirm it is pus. A pathologist can examine a drop of the discharge, smeared on a glass slide. He may also advice a culture test to see whether there are any microbes needing antibiotics.

If the swelling and pain of left nipple alone is annoyingly often, then you need to see a surgeon. Follow his advice on diagnosing it and then how to cure it. He may suggest a fine needle aspiration of the nipple to study the nature of tissue underneath.

Rarely medical diseases may affect the man’s nipples. The pathologist’s opinion will tell you whether you need any further medical tests. Let me re-assure you that not many life-threatening diseases can affect your nipple at 24 years of age.

Hope you find a permanent solution for your problem soon. Thanks a lot for using
Answered: Sun, 31 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor