Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Problem related to mental health.

hi sir/madam, i have a very severe tension that my mom is suffering from a mental disorder and she talks useless things,which has no meaning at all,...she has never gone outside from our house from last 4 to 5 years ,she was not like this before.she was all right few years back but yes she had a doubt on my father from very beginning that he meets some other ladies ,she started spying my dad and she made hell her life as well as ours,after few years she is now not going anywhere from home and continously talks uselessly,pls advice what to do? i want her to be cure from this mental disorder.she never go out from home ,so its next to impossible for us to take her out from home,so what should i do ? please guide me..i am in tension
Asked On : Sat, 12 Feb 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  114
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Homeopath 's  Response
she requires a psychologist help as early as possible .some how get her to see a psychologist or as my friend said arrange a home visit .she will have to be treated to help her recover
Answered: Wed, 16 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist Dr. B Raghavendra's  Response

Psychiatrists like all the rest of us are humans too. They can not help if they can not see the patient. Why don't you utilise the home visit facilities that many of the psychiatrists offer now a days? If that is not possible there is the internet revolution which you can utilise to have an on-line video chat kind of consultation that some of the psychiatrists are offering. Finally, even you could go on your own to the psychiatrist and explain all the symptoms and give all the history so that the psychiatrist may decide what to do.

Also, you should be ready to administer the medication covertly ie. without her knowing it, subject to legal and good practise considerations in whatever country you are in, though I am guessing you are from country.

In most of the countries, there are legal provisions to assess and treat patients against their will, if their mental status is considered to be so worse that they are at a risk to themselves or to their health or to others. This might be the last option.

From your brief history, it looks like your mother has paranoia, though there may be hundred other things, which only a thorough assessment could tell. If it is paranoia/delusion, the longer she is kept untreated, the worser is her chance to get better.

Please do seek help fast.

Good Luck to your mother and you.
Answered: Mon, 14 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor